My Office

My Office
Inspiring Work Space

Friday, June 7, 2013

Beechwood Completed (so what's next?): Spartanburg, SC

It has been such a long time since I have written anything new on my blog, that is because I've been so busy designing, I had no time to write about it. The project at Beechwood finally completed last month and will be featured in At Home Magazine, which comes out June 21st. I'm very excited to see my work published and to share this awesome project with the rest of the upstate. (Look for more here after the release if you don't live in the upstate.)

Mid-Century Modern door escutcheon on front
door, and nothing says MCM like Orange!
I've attached a sneak peak here, but you'll have to wait until after the magazine hits the newsstand to see the inside! This project was such a joy for me for many reasons, and even though there were some trying days, it is soooo rewarding seeing the completed job. What we originally thought would be a three month job, turned into eleven months and we're still working on the guest house!

So, now that this part is over, what's next? Well, I've done a few other small projects during the time I was working at Beechwood. I have been blessed to get to help my cousin with her house, as well as another cousin with her tattoo shop. I'll post some photos of those later on. In addition, I've slowly been trying to complete my house remodel.

If you've been following my blog, or FaceBook page for a while, you know that I bought "My Chesnee House"* about two years ago and started an arduous remodel. I like to refer to it as "Ginny's House" like "Sarah's House" on HGTV; but with a much smaller budget. Well, the first round of remodel was to make the house habitable; this round is the fun stuff... wait, did I just say it was fun? Well, the pretty stuff, is more like it. It's been a night mare, as anyone who's completed a remodel can tell you.

I've had a very exciting time finding and re-making vintage light fixtures and lamps. I even bought and am reusing a vanity top and sink from the Habitat ReStore for my new bathroom. I've rehabbed furniture and even accessories to fill my spaces! I love the idea of using something instead of throwing it in a landfill, but even better, I LOVE the savings I get from shopping there AND!! the best part is, it looks GREAT!

As you may remember, I planned "13 for '13" this year. I wanted to visit the last 13 US States that I hadn't. Well, I'm not sure if it's the fate of a designer/remodeler/homeowner, but I have decided to put off the travel until my house in finished. That includes my 2nd bathroom gut job, furnishing the entire house, and upgrading some of the finishes we used when we initially did the remodel. So, I'll get in some travel this year, but Alaska and Hawaii have been shelved for future years and besides, they're not going anywhere!

I can't believe this year is nearly half over. It makes me feel old, but I just don't know where the time goes! I've feel so blessed to be here in SC and working and settling in with my family nearby and making new friends. I'm looking forward to what the next months (and years) are going to bring here.

Thanks for following along on my journey!
Ginny





* "My Chesnee House" is not a local business, it is just the page I set up for my house so that I could show off my projects.



No comments: