My Office

My Office
Inspiring Work Space

Friday, January 11, 2013

Re-generating... Again: Spartanburg, SC

The thing I love most about my line of work is it's about changing. It's why I named my business "Regeneration Interiors". It's all about making over. We make over our homes so that they continue to fit our lives, because life is always changing.

In this ever-changing life, I find that the more I'm willing to embrace whatever comes next, the more things come along. With 2013, I'm taking some chances on opportunities and have set a few resolutions that I will, in fact, keep. I am resolved to do more of what I am passionate about: interior design and travel.

On the travel side, I've resolved to complete my visit to each of the fifty United States. I lack thirteen states to have been to them all, so I'm calling this "13 in '13". I've been working on schedule and budget, and I'm intent on making it happen.

On the interior design side, I'm still working on the Beechwood project with my aunt (and loving every minute of it). And am working on a marketing plan to really launch in SC. I've got a few other projects on the line, and am excited for the possibility of doing some collaborating with a dear old friend who is starting on this journey this year as well.

I felt very confident when I decided to start on this path that "Regeneration" was part of who I was. It describes what I do, but also what I'm about, but as much as much as anything else, it gives me the freedom (at least in my mind and whose else matters really?) to make over myself as often as I like. My mission remains the same, my dedication to my work and those I work with remains the same, but my creative direction can go in as many different ways as I choose and it further reiterates the name and the idea behind it.

That being said; my blog will be changing (and I believe... improving). I've invited my friend, Scott Duseau of David Scott Designs, to share my title "The Designing Prose". And he has agreed, so here we go on another adventure!

We'll be keeping the name, but will be changing the tag line. Instead of being "a blog by Regeneration Interiors", it will be "A Collaborative blog by Regeneration Interiors and David Scott Designs". Scott will be bringing a fresh new (and handsome) face to the page and we will be trying a "dialogue" approach to blogging. We'll be discussing the trials and tribulations of remodeling, interior design and the working relationship with client/designer. We'll also be discussing the design and creative process together while figuring out solutions to our clients needs.
I told you he was handsome!


We're very excited about this new endeavor. We are each passionate about design and about giving the best to our clients, as well as, sharing what we've learned and are learning with each other and you. We hope that you will follow along on our journey and will find what we do helpful and maybe a little bit entertaining!

Welcome Scott! I'm glad you're here! AND, Welcome 2013 and all you are bringing!









No comments: