My Office

My Office
Inspiring Work Space

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Regeneration Interiors & The Designing Prose

On the advice and encouragement of my family and close friends, I have finally decided to start a blog. I have two things that I think I do very well, one is decorating and the other is writing, so combining the two, just might work. 


I have had a desire for several years to start my own interior redesigning business. I've done several small jobs and worked with another redesign professional on projects she had, but I felt that I could take it to the next level. About a year ago I took some classes in staging and interior redesign, I'd had the skills, but I wanted to have the credentials. I had a good friend who worked with me on some copy for a potential website and collateral materials. Because of other things going on in my life I had to shelve the ideas for a while. 


I've recently moved to a new city, to a new phase of life and decided since I was in the "starting over" mode, it was probably the best time to start something new as well. The name I had decided upon last year for my interior redesign business was Regeneration Interiors.  Regeneration is about new life. It's a second chance; a new start. The act of making again. That just happens to be the place I'm in and so the name not only defines my idea, it defines where I am at this moment.


Having just moved from a 2700 square foot house with four bedrooms and three baths, formal and casual spaces, large garage and a beautiful backyard to less than 600 square feet total including storage and a balcony, I am living the struggles of downsizing, re-thinking everything about how my space functions and "lives". In our last house the master suite was larger than our entire space now, we've had to reevaluate what's really important and what we can live without. (but that's a story for another day)


My mission is to help others reinvent their home or office environments, and create a space that meets their lifestyle, functionality, and design aesthetic. Through this blog I hope to inspire others to make their living spaces and work spaces into spaces that renew and revitalize them. I believe that our homes should be spaces that we want to spend time in, we get so little time in them. I think that no matter what size your space and no matter how large or small your budget, you can have a space that reflects who you are and that feeds your spirit and prepares you to go out in the world every day. 


I hope that you will follow along with me on this journey of regeneration. I hope that those friends and family members who encouraged will be proud of what I do here! I welcome comments and questions and I will attempt to give ideas and provide answers to help you create the home you want and one that you love!  

4 comments:

Shannon Tate said...

Well, I liked it!!:) And I DEFINITELY need design help!! So... I will keep following you! I also love you!

Sharon B said...

Wow! You go girl!!!

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea, Ginny! I am so impressed. And having studied Interior Design myself, I'll definitely be following along. Best of luck- I think this blog will take off!

Unknown said...

Well Ginny, i am impressed with your new blog. and will be with you every day. I must say this is a novel idea and a fresh one for all of us to read.... i have seen your work on peoples spaces, which i might add is incredible,but your way with words is quiet enjoyable as well. i wish you the best in your endeavor to help people like me, who are challenged by the thought of decorating our homes. Thank you for taking the lead......"Heres looking at you kid".