My Office

My Office
Inspiring Work Space

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Catching Up : a post by Regeneration Interiors

So, it's been so very long since my last post here. I've been extremely busy, both with work and personally. I've moved to a new home, which is a story in itself, but not for this occasion. My last post was about a new venture I was starting; it didn't go quite as I expected, but it also wasn't a bad thing.

I'm extremely passionate about rehabbing old furniture. For all of the reasons I stated in my previous post, I have not only spent a great deal of time doing pieces for clients, but I've filled my new home with {re}freshed pieces!! I'm finding that the more I do, the more I love it and that brought me to using other old items in my decor. Over the next few posts, I'd like to share some of the work I've been doing and some unexpected items I've used in my "new" home's decor.

This first piece was for a friend who owns a plant and gift shop. It's called The Urban Planter and it's one of my favorite places to go. I've put plants and planters in, nearly, every room of my house and they come from there, so when he asked me to create a piece for his shop for display, I was thrilled.

I found this, once, very formal piece of furniture at a thrift store, it was in pitiful shape, but I knew the quality was there and I had a vision. Because it was for display, I added a light inside and painted the interior cream, but because the moldings were missing and broken, I knew it had to be painted to hide it's scars. I used burlap fabric with a floral pattern to give it less of a formal feel and to nod to the use in the plant shop. I just cleaned the original hardware and used it in it's less-than-perfect state.

He is thrilled with the end product and so am I. It was hard work and I had lots of help from my wonderful Dad. The best part for me is that a piece of furniture that was most likely destined to gather dust in the thrift store or headed for a land fill, is now being used and living a new life.



Before: missing molding, no shelves, chipped
veneers and extremely dirty.
Before and After hardware

The details
And finally...

At it's new home at the Urban Planter

Watch for more projects coming soon! And find out more about The Urban Planter here.

No comments: