My Office

My Office
Inspiring Work Space

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Looking for Adventure

Next week I'm heading back to North Carolina to help my parents with their house for another month. I'll be there until the week after Thanksgiving. I'm really excited to see where they have gotten while I was away and I'm excited to see what we can get done before the weather gets too cold! Maybe, one of the most exciting parts of this trip is that I'm driving! My "best-est" high school friend is flying out to SLC to make the drive back with me and along the way, we're hoping to find some great adventures! 

After Thanksgiving, my husband (who is flying out to NC for the holiday) and I will be driving back, and we're taking the "scenic" tour! (weather permitting, of course). We have some planned sights to see, and the rest we'll just play by ear. I do have a few spots that I plan to see and I wanted to share them with you. 

On the way out next week, we'll be stopping and shopping at Nell Hill's in Atchison, Kansas. If you're not familiar with Nell Hill's, click on the link and check out her online store, blog and decorating ideas.  I've attached the link to one of her books on Amazon.com, you can check out more of her books there as well. I'll definitely take tons of photos and post them here, wish you could all come along for the excitement!
Frank Lloyd Wright The Houses
 On the way back, we're planning to visit several states to which we've never been. My hope is to make it to Wisconsin to see some of Frank Lloyd Wright's work. I've always had a fascination for his work and the man himself, so it's a dream... hopefully the weather will be nice enough for us to make it. If you are not familiar with Frank's work or design philosophies, I highly recommend checking him out. 

Loving Frank: A NovelAnd, if you're not as interested in his design as his life story and a bit of a sordid love affair, then check out Loving Frank a novel by NancyHoran. ( I guess you now can tell just how much I am fascinated with this man!) 

This next several weeks is all about my favorite passions: great friends (Amy, Lenore & Connie), decorating & design (Nell Hill's, Frank Lloyd Wright), remodeling/repurposing (and doing it with parents is an added bonus), travel and reading (I'll be reading on my blackberry & iPod with Kindle) and of course, blogging* about it all. 



*You can also follow me on twitter @designingprose and on facebook @ Regeneration Interiors! 

No comments: